The Zeiss Axio Observer (Airlock) is an inverted modular microscope that allows for flexible and automated experimental design. With this microscope, scientists can create optimal conditions for a range of samples, from living cells to fixed tissues.
The Axio Observer system is suitable for both labelled and label-free samples. The system contains a full colour camera for imaging of Immunohistochemistry stained samples.
It is compatible with a variety of sample chambers, including:
- two to eight well chamber slides
- petri dishes
- multi-well plates
|Working distance (mm)||12||2.0||0.55||0.28||0.19||0.17|
- LED Illumination: 470 nm, 555 nm and 625 nm
- Illuminator HXP 120 V (DAPI, GFP, CY3, Texas Red and Cy5 nominal filter sets
- Bright field illumination (Phase contrast and DIC)
- PCO.Edge sCMOS 16-bit camera
- Zeiss Axio cam colour
Technological specifications (capabilities)
- Tile scan
- Multi positions
- Definite focus
- Open application development for automated workflow
The microscope features a full colour camera for imaging of immunostained slides.
- Limited 3D resolution
- Poor signal-to-noise ratio in brightly labelled samples
This microscope was purchased with the generous support of the Harry Secomb Trust.