The Ziess live cell Axio Observer is an inverted modular microscope that allows for flexible and automated experimental design and is suitable for live cell imaging.
The Axio Observer system is suitable for both labelled and label-free samples.
It is compatible with a variety of sample chambers, including:
- two to eight well chamber slides
- petri dishes
- multi-well plates
This microscope will provide scientists with the ability to create an optimal environment to image samples from living cells to fixed tissues.
Examples of work
|Working distance (mm)||12||2.0||0.55||0.28||0.19||0.17|
- LED Illumination: 420nm, 470 nm, 555 nm and 625 nm
- Illuminator HXP 120 V (DAPI, GFP, CY3, Texas Red and Cy5 nominal filter sets
- Bright field illumination (Phase contrast and DIC)
- PCO.Edge sCMOS 16-bit camera
Technological specifications (capabilities)
- Tile scan
- Multi positions
- Definite focus
- Open application development for automated workflow
Open application development allowing for modular, automated workflows.
- Limited 3D resolution
- Poor signal-to-noise ratio in brightly labelled samples
The purchase of this microscope was supported by the Harold & Cora Brennen Benevolent Trust and the Rebecca L Cooper Medical Research Foundation.